[OS X TeX] OT: Autotrace

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Tue Mar 13 22:08:29 CET 2007

On Mar 13, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.03.2007 um 11:34 schrieb Stephen Moye:
>
>> Thank you, everyone, for your assistance. Back to work!
>
> The basic step is to ('make distclean' and then) run the configure
> script.

Did that -- same error

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_pstoedit_checkversion
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libautotrace.3.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _pstoedit_checkversion
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libautotrace.3.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap
17:05 autotrace-0.31.1%

> It will, according to the runtime environment it finds and built-in
> defaults, find which dependencies your recent system layout
> fulfills. The it will use or will not use particular software. The
> runtime environment can be modified easily by setting environment
> variables like CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, ACLOCAL, LIBTOOLIZE,
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH, PATH, MAKE ...
>
> It's not a good idea to reuse a Makefile that was built by
> configure in a different system and some time ago.

Looks like it's potrace for me...

SGM

PS It is mildly annoying that something that used to work now does
not, and for no discernible reason... so I will probably keep messing
with this and hope for a breakthrough.

Thanks again.