[OS X TeX] Equivalent to TeXify in TeXShop?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Mar 13 10:45:08 CET 2007

Am 13.03.2007 um 08:01 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

>> Friedrich: you don't use it from TeX Shop! Didn't you show in that
>> TeX excerpt that TeX itself is invoking texify?!
>
> I want to say: What must I do to let the script be executed when
> entering Cmd+T in TeXShop?

You'll need an engine file for each kind or type of TeXifying! There
is no way to pass arguments from TeX Shop to an engine or macro. Or
you need a Meta TeXify, something that in TeX's bin directory exists:
a dozen different hard or sym-links that all are or point to one file
that acts differently, based on the name it was invoked (latex,
pdflatex, amstex, jadetex, xmltex are all the same).

>>> Could I move it into my standard TeX trees ~/Library/texmf/...?
>>
>> [...] you'd need to adjust PATH that the texify executable can be
>> found in your cellar.
>
> I think PATH is configured in this manner by default. Because
> updmap is found.

You are mixing up things: updmap and texify are executables, they are
not part of TeX. So they need to be found in shell's view of a search
path for executables.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.