"beamer and TeX on Macs" Re: mactex.tar.gz (complete ... Re: [OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Mon Mar 12 14:05:23 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 11 mars 07 à 23:25, Roussanka Loukanova a écrit :
>
>> Let's hope that our TeX distributions will upgrade to it. Otherwise, what
>> are we supposed to do to upgrade to it?

> That's one advantage of gwTeX over MacTeX: Gerben Wierda updates gwTeX
> constantly,

And there are even more, the least one is quite serious actually: the
smaller size & carefully selected collection for complete work. Not all
people can afford extra-memory. (Plus, there is the dream of many for a
very tiny Mac: like myself, some can't easily carry around their MBPs.)

> so that, if you need a bleeding-edge version of some package,
> then you'd better turn to gwTeX.

I assume you use the term "bleeding-edge" with the interpretation that I
am picking up: ahead in the most positive way :)

Roussanka