"beamer and TeX on Macs" Re: mactex.tar.gz (complete ... Re: [OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Mon Mar 12 13:38:48 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Alex Hamann wrote:

>> If you do not want for Gerben to update or are on MacTeX upgrading is still
>> no big deal: put the directory you get from sourceforge in
>> ~texmf/tex/latex/beamer as described in beameruserguide.pdf
>> thats it.
>>
> Argh, not only that Victor Ivrii's description is better, I also should not
> write when tired: of course I meant "If you do not want to wait for Gerben to
> update...."

I got rightly your intention: we do drop accidentally one or other
extra negation, or miss the one which we actually intended...

> Sorry for that
> Of course we all want him to update his distribution ;-)

He will: I am very certain. He included the temporary fix to make the
life easier for all those who are not that skillful with unix commands and
where what to do. Till Tantau worked quite hard to make sure that the
fixes are fine before announcing them as a version: as people already
have written. I'm sure that Gerben would upgrade it in gwTeX.

Roussanka