[OS X TeX] Re: Really dumb question

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 12 00:11:45 CET 2007

> Am 11.03.2007 um 23:05 schrieb Nathan Paxton:
>
> > 	Hmm.  even when I try that, I still get pdftex.
>
> Can you invoke on command line
>
> 	which latex

/usr/texbin/latex

> and when an answer is given
>
> 	ls -l <the answer>

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  staff  6 Mar 10 22:32 /usr/texbin/latex -> pdftex

> and finally
>
> 	latex --version

pdfTeX 3.141592-1.40.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea version 3.5.6
Copyright 2007 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea is copyright 2007 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh
(pdfTeX).
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber, and others.

Compiled with libpng 1.2.15; using libpng 1.2.15
Compiled with zlib 1.1.4; using zlib 1.2.3
Compiled with xpdf version 3.01