[OS X TeX] TEXEDIT in TexShop ?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Mar 11 13:57:00 CET 2007

On 11 Mar 2007, at 12:08 pm, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 11 mars 07 à 12:23, Peter Dyballa a écrit :
>

>> Am 11.03.2007 um 09:23 schrieb Alain Matthes:
>>
>>> After long hours of research, I found by opening the Texshop
>>> application :
>>
>> It's not likely that this application offered the service, it's
>> more likely that your system is a bit in disorder ...
>
> No you don't understand , i'm sorry if my english is very bad.
> My system is very well order and my only problem was this strange
> inclusion of an application in other application.
>
> /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources Do you think normal to
> find an TEXTEDIT.app (with Uppercase characters) in this folder ?

I can confirm that this mysterious TEXTEDIT.app is present within
TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources in an older version of TeXShop (2.03)
that I just examined. Looking at the TEXTEDIT.app itself, it seems to
be a small test application (built to work alongside TeXShop in some
way), probably an experiment that inadvertently got included in the
main build. It's been there for ages on my Powerbook, and seems to
have been harmless.

Checking a new version of TeXShop (2.10beta8), there is no sign of
the embedded TEXTEDIT.app. My guess is that you can delete it, as it
wasn't intended to be there; or you could simply update to a newer
TeXShop and it'll be gone anyway.

JK