[OS X TeX] Equivalent to TeXify in TeXShop?

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 10 18:56:19 CET 2007

On 10 Mar 2007, at 13:45, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> A colleague has given to me a script for running on MikTeX. But I
> use TeXShop. The script does not run on TeXShop because this part
> of the script ...
>
>   \ifnum0\chosen > 0\relax
>     \immediate\write18{%
>       texify
>       --pdf
>       --tex-option="-job-name=\jobname1
>                     \string\gdef\string\Wort{Vivat!}
>                     \string\input\space\jobname.tex"
>       \jobname.tex%
>     }%
>
> ... causes an error:
>
>   sh: line 1: texify: command not found
>
> By what I have to substitute the texify command and options to get
> in TeXShop exactly the same results as in the colleague in MikTeX?

The approximate equivalent in TexLive is   texi2dvi  or texi2pdf.
Both can do what MiKTeX texify does.

If you run texi2dvi with the command line option -p or --pdf it will
use pd(la)ftex.

Type texi2pdf --help in the Terminal.

You can make a new engine for  TexShop  by making a script
texipdf.engine containing

#!/bin/bash
texi2pdf "$1"

and using this engine in TeXShop.

I am not sure how you can get your --tex-option stuff into texi2pdf (-
t or --texinfo option).

success

Berend Hasselman