[OS X TeX] tipa

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 9 22:08:09 CET 2007

Am 09.03.2007 um 17:46 schrieb Manuel Souto Pico:

> However, I've seen that not all IPA symbols are rendered with XeTeX.
> For example: ɞʎʉɨʢʁɐʂɣɠɦʝʡɬʐɓɳɴʂ

You can use Character Palette (to activate: System Preferences ->
International [UN flag] -> Input Menu [right most] and check
Character Palette and at the bottom "Show input menu in menu bar") to
check the IPA areas of a particular font, and when you select this
particular character, the fonts that don't provide it disappear. A
better tool might be Linotype's Linotype FontExplorer X which can
show how many elements of a group or character block (Latin, IPA,
Cyrillic, presentation forms) are provided – and it shows them too.
And the missing ones in that block are drawn in red!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson