[OS X TeX] To macro or not to macro (Was: Local additions and multiple TeX distributions)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Mar 9 18:34:05 CET 2007

Hi Bruno,

As if you are telling what I do, but with a few changes: substitute almost
everywhere Finder with the Terminal; and then, I am quite modest, I do not
do so complicate things as you do...

What you did time ago with your French keyboard for the French accents, I
do now for the Swedish letters on my Swedish keyboard with a Linux desktop
keyboard (which I use rarely), and also on my MBP with US keyboard, too,
for tex file. (For plain text reports and email, I just do not put any
accents :)

The Swedish special letters are only three, but for them, not only the
\ is like what you say,  Alt-Shift-forgot-what, but also many other
useful special characters, {, }, @, etc... make my hands run over that
huge keyboard on the desktop, if i use it...

Back to practical things: what you write about the accents make me
think that you do something else nowadays. What? (May be I am still ages
behind... :(

Roussanka