[OS X TeX] Local additions and multiple TeX distributions

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Mar 8 21:13:24 CET 2007

At 2:02 PM -0600 3/8/07, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>On Mar 8, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Alan Munn wrote:
>

>>Do I need to update the TeXShop macros (e.g. Claus Gerhardt's
>>macros) to reflect changes in the distribution?  How do I do this
>>without losing my own macros?
>>
>>Alan

[useful instructions snipped]

>I haven't been using those macros but rather engine files that, I
>suspect (am I wrong here?), do similar things.

Perhaps so.  Maybe that's the way to go for those.  (The ones I use
the most are the altpdftex one and the htlatex one.)  I haven't
really investigated if the same functionality can be implemented with
an engine, but it probably can.

Alan
--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491