[OS X TeX] Texlive-mac os

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Mar 7 20:40:29 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>> The annoying thing is the fix that we need to do each time when we update
>> gwTeX or TeXLive-07. But this would be fixed, for sure.
> Howdy,
>
> No need to do it every time. Copy beamerbaseboxes.sty to
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ChangedFiles/ and fix the copy (I usually put in
> something easy to find when I want to see if the update has the fix). I use a
> special (ChangedFiles) sub-directory so I can check any updates. The fixed
> file will be found by (xe/pdf)latex before the original.

I've done it now, and indeed the copy
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ChangedFiles/beamerbaseboxes.sty
is used by pdflatex.

> Doing a diff (I actually like to use BBEdit's `Compare Two Front Documents')
> between the files in ChangedFiles lets me quickly know if there has been and
> update to that file.

Thanks a lot!

(The problem now will be to remember to do the diff; but more importantly,
to remember which TeX Distribution is the active one. A small icon of
TeX Distr on Finder's status bar (like that of the Language flag along the
AirPort, Time, etc.) would be very nice to have :)

Roussanka