[OS X TeX] Tetex-texlive

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Mar 7 03:02:08 CET 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Javier Elizondo wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to the list. I have installed tetex two months ago and I am
> running carbon emacs as editor. Today I installed mactex (which include
> texlive), well, I tried to uninstall textex using the fink command but
> it did not work, the obvious reason is trees dependencies.
>
> The question is, how can I uninstall textex without affecting texlive, in theory there are not connection between the two packages, they are in differente directories etc... but  still I do not want to go further and regret and action, so I prefer to ask and get an answer from someone who really knows and is not guessing, as is my case.

If you used Gerben Wierda's i-installer for your instillation of tetex, then
for sure, you can uninstall it via i-Installer. You should ave gotten
already i-Installer with mactex, but if (somehow) you haven't, you can get
it from Gerben's site:

<http://ii2.sourceforge.net/>

I do not know how one would uninstall tetex which is not Gerben Wierda's.
In any case, people on this list are competent (I'm on their way, just by
having been in need of their advises :)