[OS X TeX] couldn't open style file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 5 15:38:43 CET 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

> Am 05.03.2007 um 14:28 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>> On Mar 5, 2007, at 5:11 AM, Christian Burk wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> for the bibliographystyle the file is natdin.bst. This is located
>>> under User/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst.
>>>
>>> Today, without any changes done, I got the message "I couldn't
>>> open style file natdin.bst", but the bst file is still at this
>>> location. I repaired permissions without success.
>>>
>>> Why could this file not be opened? I am using TeXShop with TL2007.
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Do you really mean /Users/Library/... or /Users/<your short name>/
>> Library/... (also known as ~/Library/...)? It should be in the
>> latter.
>
> Yes, I meant ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst
>
>> If that isn't the problem, can you double click on the file and
>> have it open?
>
> It opens without any problems.
>
> Christian

Howdy,

Hmmm... could you give us a minimal tex file that shows this behavior
on your system?

By the way, I don't thing doing Repair Permissions (e.g., via Disk
Utility) will fix permissions there; it's meant for fixing
permissions on system related folders not user folders.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)