[OS X TeX] finding missing braces

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Sun Mar 4 22:57:40 CET 2007

Hello!

Well I had a look at VIM (I think) but all that programming part
scared me away. Yes learning curve and LaTex somehow belong into the
same sentence BUT the steepness and when reaching a plateau of sorts
(and still see those mountains (of wisdom, reading this list…) far
far away and incredibly high…

So maybe I try again. I had a look at Textmate and got the same
feeling. too complex for this humble Macuser.

If anybody can implement this into TexShop it would make me very
grateful and it would gain a lot (as well as linenumbers…)

Greetings,
Rolf

Am 04.03.2007 um 21:30 schrieb brian at pongonova.net:

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 08:40:26PM +0100, Rolf Schmolling wrote:
>> Someone I met in texusergroup hinted about some editors beeing smart
>> enough to do this but I really want to hang to TexShop because it
>> seems the only thing I'm able to work properly (simple but elegant,
>> no programming-skill neded, excellent sync between source and pdf)?
>
> Rolf, I use vim (excellent LaTeX support through latex-suite) for
> editing, and TeXShop for typesetting.  If you're willing to work with
> a learning curve (and I can't imagine anyone using this stuff who
> isn't!), vim would take care of this little problem for you.
> Basically, the synax highlighting changes colors when you open a
> brace...close it, and the color changes again.  It's visually apparent
> where the missing closing braces are.
>
> http://www.vim.org
> http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net
>
>   --Brian

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/