[OS X TeX] Wiki active?

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Sun Mar 4 08:40:46 CET 2007

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, brian at pongonova.net wrote:

> I stumbled upon this wiki while doing some Googling for MacTeX info:
>
> http://www.cds.caltech.edu/info/cds/MacTeX/
>
> It appears to be affiliated in some way with TUG, but there's not a
> lot of activity at the moment.  I was tempted to add some info about
> the various customizations that appear to be necessary to get apacite
> working at its fullest potential  with BibDesk, along with some other
> notes, but thought I'd check here first as to the status of the wiki.
> Didn't want to waste time doing this if no one was going to bother
> reading it (IOW, if no one was going to bother linking to it).
>
> On a related note, I didn't find a link from the MacTeX site to the
> wiki in the Help page.  But I did find a dead FAQ link:
>
> FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
>
> Maybe an update to the links on the Help page would be helpful to
> MacTeX newbies like myself (who is rediscovering the joys of LaTeX
> after a 15-year hiatus...)
>
>  --Brian

Hi Brian

I removed the FAQ link to the wiki when the MacTeX homepage was revised
in February for the release of MacTeX-2007 as I did not have time to
update the relevant information in the wiki.

If you and others are willing to update the wiki, I will relink to it from
the MacTeX homepage. We are happy to have assistance from any volunteers.
I just added a note about the transition on the main page:
         http://www.cds.caltech.edu/info/cds/MacTeX/
and made some minimal updates.

Thanks for the note on the dead link and your offer to add information to
the wiki.

Welcome back to LaTeXing on the Mac.

         wendy