[OS X TeX] Re: MacTeX/TeXLive2007-metapost/TeXShop problems

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Fri Mar 2 13:27:37 CET 2007

Le 02-mars-07 à 12:40, Thierry Masson a écrit :

> {snip}
> With the Terminal
> mpost my_file.mp
> works perfectly, but I want the pdf version with embedded Latex texts.
> Using mptopdf does not work.
> I found a exactly a report on the same problem in this mailing-list:
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2007/023050.html
> It looks like a bug in the ruby version of texexec...
>
> Concerning my second problem (TeXShop), I have just installed gwTeX
> from i-installer and now it works perfectly well. If someone can
> explain to me why with the last TeXLive installation it does not
> work on "big" projects...
>
> Thierry Masson

You're right, mptopdf doesn't work with TeXLive, but it works well
with gwTeX (I use gwTeX most of the time, so I didn't notice anything
at first).

What is also strange is that the pdf version of the MetaPost figures
are nevertheless flawlessly produced by mptopdf if I type "s" on the
console screen (bypassing so the numerous error messages)...

I don't know what's happening...

Franck Pastor