[OS X TeX] Translating LaTeX to Quark or InDesign

David R. Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 30 14:23:32 CEST 2007

First off, thanks to everyone who replied. I still haven't figured out
what to do, but there are a couple of tools (MathType being one) that
allegedly will convert LaTeX to Word with equations, and I can give
these a try before spending a dime. We'll see.

Next, can Stephen or another knowledgeable person tell me how well
InDesign works with LaTeX? My wife, a fabric artist, wants us to
invest in Adobe's Creative Suite (I can get a lot of stuff for
the educational price of $399, so this looks like something we will
do shortly), and it includes InDesign.

If I give the typesetter an InDesign file with equations, I think
he can live with that. (He seems to be moving slowly to InDesign
from Quark.) I really don't want to use Word (shudder).

Best wishes, all, and thanks again.

David Derbes