[OS X TeX] fonts in htlatex

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jun 30 04:15:56 CEST 2007

 > Now, if I want math to also come
 > out in sans-serif I need to use some package that gives me a
 > sans-serif math font. So, I try the following:
 >
 > \documentclass[12pt]{article}
 > %\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
 > \usepackage{arev}
 >
 > \begin{document}
 >
 > First with some inline math we have $x^2\frac{1}{\sigma_i^3}$. And we
 > can also try
 > with some displayed math such as
 > \[
 > \Pr(A_1\leftarrow M_2|G) = \sum_{j=0}^n \frac{\hat\omega_j}{n(1 -
 >   x_j)}.
 > \]
 >
 > \end{document}
 >
 > The above typesets fine with pdflatex, for example, but doing htlatex
 > ends up giving me a bunch of boxes in the equation (not everything,
 > just some parts).

That is true only for the Emiline formula.  See

  http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn6.html#QQ1-6-29
  ==> Mathematical Formulas

for explanation.

The display math should come in one piece. If it is improper image of
the pdf output see Jeffrey Weimer's posting for a possible
explanation. I had problems at my place dealing with arev.sty.  It
requested the file beramono.sty which I found on the web but not in
ctan.  But then I got a complaint about a missing fd file (probably
due to improperly installing aver at my place).

-eitan