[OS X TeX] Two Column Float

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Mon Jun 25 02:38:54 CEST 2007

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your input.

Funny thing: In the process of preparing this
string of commands to send to you, I played with
it a bit more and got it to work. I'm not sure
why I was having so much trouble before. Could it
be that I had hit return and therefore had a
blank line or two mixed in the commands below?

I'm new to Tex, so I've got a lot to learn about even its simplest functions

Following are the commands that work fine:

\begin{figure*}[htbp]
\begin{center}
\vspace{-2pt}
\includegraphics[width=0.8\textwidth]{Cluster-Data-Chart-LR.jpg}
\vspace{-12pt}
\caption{Figure 3. Default.}
\end{center}
\vspace{-2pt}
\end{figure*}

I thank you again very much for your help. It's
good to know that Tex users are eager to get the
newbies up to speed.

Rick Benish