[OS X TeX] "Mailto" link in document

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Jun 20 17:59:35 CEST 2007

At 11:34 AM -0400 6/20/07, Jonathon Swiderski wrote:
>On 6/20/07, Alan Munn <amunn at msu.edu> wrote:
>>At 12:22 AM +1000 6/21/07, George LGhio wrote:
>>>Hi folks
>>>
>>>Sorry if this is a simple question or has been discussed before.
>>>
>>>I would like to include a "mailto" link within a document.
>>>
>>>Document class - book
>>>Using plain Tex.
>>>
>>>Nothing I have tried seems to work. I have run out of ideas.
>>
>>I wonder what you tried:
>>
>>\documentclass{article}
>>\usepackage[colorlinks=true]{hyperref}
>>\begin{document}
>>This is my e-mail address \href{mailto:amunn at msu.edu}{Alan Munn}
>>\end{document}
>>
>>works fine for me.
>
>This requires LaTeX---he says he wants plain TeX.
>
>(Unfortunately, I don't use plain, so I'm of no further use here. . . .)

Oops, I read too fast.  In plain tex below: (but I don't know enough
to get the link to be colored, although I know you can do it.  George
(the OP) should check the eplain documentation for this, I think.
-Alan

\input eplain

\enablehyperlinks
This is my e-mail address \href{mailto:amunn at msu.edu}{Alan Munn}
\bye

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491