[OS X TeX] OT (very) - contextual menus

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Fri Jun 8 18:53:06 CEST 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 12:14 PM, S P Suresh wrote:

> On 8 June, at 1:53 , Holger Frauenrath wrote:
>
>> Sorry for that probably profane qustion and thank you all for your
>> help.
>> Holger
>
> You surely mean `prosaic' instead of `profane', don't you? Though I
> checked on the dictionary on my Mac to notice that `profane'
> doesn't primarily mean `obscene', as I had thought all along. It
> primarily means secular, as opposed to religious. Still...

I noticed the following curious behavior of contextual menus in
mail.app: if I option-click on a word in a message stored in my
"Inbox", I get a contextual menu with the entries: "Search in
Spotlight", "Search in Google", "Look Up in Dictionary" and "Copy".
However, if I do the same in a message stored in a custom folder
(i.e., not in Inbox), then the contextual menu contains these
entries: "Copy", "Spelling", "Font", "Speech", "Writing Direction",
as well some greyed out options. What does this have to do with
anything? I wanted to check the dictionary definition of profane, as
S P Suresh did, but because messages from this list are stored in a
separate mailbox in my mail.app, I could not access the Dictionary by
simply Option-clicking. The "Look Up in Dictionary" option was
restored as soon as I created a reply message to the original post.

Themis