[OS X TeX] Linotype Palatino

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Jun 7 19:06:06 CEST 2007

On 7 Jun, 2007, at 11:36 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 7 juin 07 à 18:13, Axel E. Retif a écrit :
>
>> Would Prof. Zapf be thinking in Word when he created this font?
>
> There's a reimplementation of this font called FPL Neu, which Prof.
> Zapf is apparently quite supportive about.

[...]

> <http://home.vr-web.de/was/x/FPL/praesentation-2-2.pdf>

Thank you for this (I don't read German, but is quite comprehensible).

> There's also Pagella, part of TeX Gyre:
>
> <http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/
> index_html#Pagella>
>
> I have no idea about its quality vs that of the original Palatino
> or FPL Neu. It may be part of the TeX Gyre i-Package for gwTeX, I
> have no time to check right now.

It is, and, as with Latin Modern, you have the option to install as
open type fonts for use with other applications.

I recommended tgpagella.sty, along with your recommendation of
mathpazo, but the OP was afraid that people examining his grant apply
would see (in Adobe Reader, for instance) that it isn't Palatino the
font he uses.

Best,

Axel