[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.10beta10

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jun 2 22:48:30 CEST 2007

On Jun 2, 2007, at 07:27 , George Gratzer wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2007, at 9:10 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> On Jun 2, 2007, at 5:29 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>> There's a TeXShop bug which has been around for quite some time,
>>> and which I meet practically daily. It may still live inside this
>>> new release, I've not tested yet.
[snip]
>> I can save you one step in your compile though... The Cmd-T will
>> automatically save any changes you make before compiling so there
>> is no need to Save the document (Cmd-S) before compiling.
>
> Sometimes not. A number of times, I made a change, typeset, change
> does not show. Typeset, it is O.K. If you save, typeset is always
> O.K. So I only typeset, if the change is not made, I typeset again.

There is a long-standing bug relating to 'undo' and typesetting: if
you undo and then typeset, the change is not always noticed.  The
window is marked clean but the .tex file is not updated (or so it
appears; I've not thought to check when it occurs).  I've found it
impossible to reproduce, but it has been around through 10b8.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large