[OS X TeX] LaTeXit and output drivers

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 27 10:18:44 CEST 2007

Am 27.07.2007 um 02:07 schrieb Alan Munn:

> **
> ! End of file on the terminal... why?

xelatex does not see a file name to compile, so it tries to read from
stdin, which at once has an end. I do presume that this error comes
from a line like

	xelatex -output-driver=xdvipdfmx "$*"

or

	xelatex -output-driver=xdvipdfmx "$1"

In the first case all the LaTeXiT supplied arguments, options, and
file name are concatenated to one argument that xelatex sees. In the
latter example only the first argument of the LaTeXiT command line is
passed to xelatex, -file-line-error. In the first case the double
quotes need to be removed that xelatex sees a list of arguments. But
then a 'file name' with spaces leeds to to an error ...

Have you tried my script?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.