[OS X TeX] amsmath problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 20 17:10:53 CEST 2007

Am 20.07.2007 um 16:04 schrieb Sue Lange:

> specifically the left "(" is dropped from an equation

I don't see this, at least to my judgement it looks OK. You could try
to use other fonts:

	%\usepackage{lmodern}	% probably mostly CM
	%\usepackage{txfonts}	% Times clones
	%\usepackage{pxfonts}	% Palatino and Palatino clones
	\usepackage{mathpazo}	% Palatino and Palatino clones

You might need to add MAP file fragments:

	Latin Modern a few: lm-ec.map lm-math.map lm-texnansi.map lm-ts1.map
	txfonts.map
	pxfonts.map
	pazo.map

And yes, amsmath is not needed for this formula.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
                     -- Bill Watterson, in his comic strip Calvin and
Hobbes