[OS X TeX] OT: MacDevCenter.com article ``Smarter Ways to Work with PDFs''

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Jul 18 18:57:34 CEST 2007

Am 18.07.2007 um 16:47 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 09:20, William Adams wrote:
>
>> Thought it was kind of interesting and it listed a number of apps
>> which have been discussed here and a couple which don't seem to
>> have been:
>>
>> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2007/07/11/smarter-ways-to-
>> work-with-pdfs.html?CMP=OTC-13IV03560550&ATT=Smarter+Ways+to+Work
>> +with+PDFs
>
> Anyone have suggestions on how we can advertise BibDesk such that
> it's a more obvious (and functional!) solution for this than
> iTunes?  Good grief...we're only mentioned in terms of
> compatibility with Papers!
>
> -- adam

I don't think that article is worth too much. Neither is it well
written (I does not really give a good overview over the most
important functions of each application. Honestly: how important is
it to label an author a colleague or a competitor?) nor is it
anything close to being complete (BibDesk aetc.).
To come back to your question, though: I've been thinking that the
text on the BibDesk website could be more informative and more
advertising. In fact if you look up on google "bibliography manager
os x" that's where you end up.  I might think about some more
concrete suggestions - once my thesis is out next month.

alex

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background