[OS X TeX] Matching math font to text

Luci Ellis luci at verbeia.com
Mon Jul 9 19:24:52 CEST 2007

On 9/7/07 5:23 PM, "Luis Sequeira" <lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt> wrote:

> I am writing a document in XeLaTeX, for which the text has to be
> typeset using the Verdana font at 10pt size (this is a requirement
> that I have to meet).
> The document contains a few mathematical formulas. The math (which
> appears in Computer Modern) seems too small compared to the text.

I would recommend using the arev package, and then redefining the text font
as Verdana AFTER loading that package. I find it matches very well.
If you can't get this to work in XeLaTeX (I know I can't), you might want to
consider using normal pdfLaTeX and the gtamac fonts, i.e.
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacverdana}

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Luci