[OS X TeX] Translating LaTeX to Quark or InDesign

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Jul 4 08:16:36 CEST 2007

Not bloody likely (and I am not even British!  Well, my father's
family was, many generations ago, and my grandfather on my mother's
side was from Glasgow).  I use LaTeX exclusively, and I do encounter
the occasional dumb-as-a-stick journal that demands WORD.  I simply
challenge them: do they want my (and many others' work) or do they
want to adhere to some totally stupid, arbitrary proprietary format.
They always come around.  Always.  Don't believe otherwise, and
challenge, challenge, challenge!  Don't translate: they will accept
pdf, always, but they may need some convincing.  The fact that they
they think some twit in typesetting should determine submission
format usually requires no more than that statement.  C'mon people;
we provide the content: do not accept arbitrary submission formats.