[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 30 12:02:56 CET 2007

Am 30.01.2007 um 11:45 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Now, for gwTeX, the first paper size definition in /usr/local/gwTeX/
> texmf.local/dvips/config/config.ps is:
>
> @ a4 594.99bp 841.99bp
> @+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: a4
> @+ %%BeginPaperSize: a4
> @+ a4
> @+ %%EndPaperSize
>
> while, for TeX Live, the first paper size definition in /usr/local/
> texlive/2007/texmf-config/dvips/config/config.ps is:
>
> @ A4size 594.99bp 841.99bp
> @+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: a4
> @+ %%PaperSize: A4
>
> Could this explain the observed behaviour?

If the latter is cited completely, then it looks to be an incomplete
PS statement (just adding comments), that has to fail. So the next
one, for letter, succeeds. And this makes the difference you
observed ...

Config.ps in TeX Live 2005 (on DVD) seems to be faulty, too:

@ A4size 594.99bp 841.99bp
@+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: a4
@+ %%PaperSize: A4

@ letterSize 8.5in 11in
@+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: Letter

@ letter 8.5in 11in			<<< this is some entry for dvips
@+ ! %%DocumentPaperSizes: Letter
@+ %%BeginPaperSize: Letter
@+ letter				<<< this is a PostScript command
@+ %%EndPaperSize

BTW, isn't texmf-var/dvips/config/config.ps the file being used?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson