[OS X TeX] sideways environment, pdf and badly rotated pages when printing

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:43:12 CET 2007

Hi

I do not know how to solve a page orientation problem.
The files that display this problem are available at
http://caccioppoli.mac.rub.de/website/Teaching.html
In particular look at the tex file
http://caccioppoli.mac.rub.de/website/teachingmaterial/k1ws0607/ml9.tex
(the macro file is available at
http://caccioppoli.mac.rub.de/website/teachingmaterial/k1ws0607/
cryptomacros.tex
)
and the corresponding PDF file
http://caccioppoli.mac.rub.de/website/teachingmaterial/k1ws0607/ml9.pdf
Do not let yourself be scared from the German language (or from
my use of it: it is a beautiful language, but a very hard mistress,
too).

I use a dvips->ps2pdf or pstodf workflow to generate the files.
Now, the problem is on Page 6, where I use the sideways environment.
The page appears rotated, so that most of the text is "readable" without
turning the page, this in the TeXshop previewer and also in Preview,
of course - also Acrobat displays the page in landscape format, so I
suppose it is some explicit orientation information in the file...
and when I print to a postscript printer, the page stay turned:
In other words, the table is upright, the text below
it is in fact to its left and vertical, and the table is of course
cut, because part of it is outside the physical page.

Smaller examples can be provided, but it should not be necessary, as
it is very easy to find the spot where things go wrong.

What should I do to get the pages display AND print in the correct
orientation?

  thanks
   Roberto