[OS X TeX] Coexisting TeX distributions and TeXShop .engine files

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 15:30:08 CET 2007

Le 29 janv. 07 à 14:28, Malcolm Ross a écrit :

> It reports:
>
> /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/texbin /usr/X11R6/
> bin /usr/local/pgsql/bin /usr/local/mysql/bin /opt/local/bin /sw/bin
>
> This is what Bruno suspected, too, but I can't see what is pointing
> to the old gwTeX binary directory here. Probably my ignorance.

I've never installed TeX from either DarwinPorts or Fink (you seem to
have the paths for both, /opt/local/bin for DarwinPorts and /sw/bin
for Fink). But I got the impression from what I read that Fink
installs a placeholder, system-tetex, pointing to gwteX. I suspect
this placeholder, or the various other TeX elements in Fink, have not
yet been updated to reflect the new symlink /usr/texbin, and point
instead to hardwired locations like /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-
apple-darwin-current.

However that doesn't explain why your problem is with XeTeX only.
Maybe the instructions for installing XeTeX for Fink, at <http://
scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex_fink>, would indicate where the problem
can lie. For example, do you have a ~/.texmf-config or ~/.texmf-var?

Bruno Voisin