[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Illustrator again

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Mon Jan 29 15:03:18 CET 2007

Le 29-janv.-07 à 14:40, RS a écrit :

>> Am 29.01.2007 um 12:20 schrieb RS:
>>
>>> ''The police LMRoman10-Italic is missing, etc.''
>>>
>>> I have already the folder TeX-Illustrator inside
>>> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.
>>>
>>> What to do ?
>>
>> You need to have the Latin Modern fonts installed in a usual Mac
>> OS X place:
>>
>> 	/Library/Fonts
>> 	~/Library/Fonts
>> 	/Network/Library/Fonts
>>
>> Usually i-Installer asks you whether to install them in	/Library/
>> Fonts when installing TeX ...
>>
>> Maybe it works when you re-configure only with i-Installer.
>> Otherwise you might need to update your TeX installation ...
>
> I am totally lost... because I am new in installing TeXShop.
> I do not remember any question by
> i-Installer when  I used the MacTeX pakage.

It's normal. MacTeX is not i-installer, and doesn't ask TeX-related
questions during the installation. To have more choice, you should
use the i-installer directly.

> Actually, I have a folder which contains :
>
> 1) CM fonts (without any extension)
>
> 2) lmroman... all with an .otf extension.
>
> But it does not work, either in /Library/Fonts
> or in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.
>
> I still cry for my (so comfortable) Textures...
>
> Thank you
>
> Raymond Seroul

It is better to use directly the i-installer application, for
installing, updating and configuring gwTeX. If so, you should
normally see a question appear, asking you if you want to install the
Latin Modern fonts for use by other Mac (GUI) apps. At least if you
have chosen the "Expert" mode of installation. I suppose that the
other modes install those fonts automatically.

You should forget textures, I am afraid he is about to die
definitely ...