[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 27 17:22:28 CET 2007

Am 27.01.2007 um 16:18 schrieb Christian Burk:

> TeXShops runs four times but the console says for the part of
> bibtex: "I couldn't open file name `glossar.gls.aux'"

The man page says:

        BibTeX reads the top-level auxiliary (.aux) file that was
output during
        the running of latex(1) or tex(1) and  creates  a
bibliography  (.bbl)
        file  that will be incorporated into the document on
subsequent runs of
        LaTeX or TeX.  The auxname on the command line must  be
given  without
        the .aux extension.  If you don't give the auxname, the
program prompts
        you for it.

        BibTeX looks up, in bibliographic database (.bib)  files
specified  by
        the  \bibliography  command,  the  entries  specified  by the
\cite and
        \nocite commands in the LaTeX or  TeX  source  file.   It
formats  the
        information  from those entries according to instructions in
a bibliog-
        raphy style (.bst) file (specified by the
\bibliographystyle  command,
        and it outputs the results to the .bbl file.

I am no BibTeX user, I don't have a clue. My understanding is that
the GLS file is an additional and independent file that could be used
with other LaTeX documents, too. Therefore it can have a name that
does not change from project to project. I took my suggestion from

> LaTeX > BibDeskGlossar > LaTeX > LaTeX

and

> bibtex "${bfname}".gls

(which is the same as "file name.gls").

To help you find a solution: the engine should be doing the job the
same way you would do it by hand. If an intermediate step is to run
the BibDesk application, instead of bibtex, then the right statement
in the engine file should be something like

	open -a BibDesk <a file name>

The problem left here is whether the script stops and waits that
BibDesk quits – or whether it just finishes by twice invoking latex.

What are the actual commands/actions?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.