[OS X TeX] Emacs 22.92, %! and TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 27 16:55:07 CET 2007

Am 27.01.2007 um 16:10 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> I asked the question in a peculiar way, sorry. By NO here I assume
> you mean that it works just fine: emacsen don't get confused and
> TeXShop is still happy too.

Right, it works for GNU Emacs. I did not check in TeXShop and I did
not whether printing works.

Here is a correction for Stephen Moye and others: that's the actual
code that makes (my) modern Emacsen not to switch to PostScript mode
upon finding %!TEX at the file's beginning:

         (setq magic-mode-alist
           (remove '("%![^V]" . ps-mode) magic-mode-alist))
           (add-to-list 'magic-mode-alist '("%!\n" . ps-mode))
           (add-to-list 'magic-mode-alist '("%!PS-Adobe" . ps-mode))
	)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print
taketh away.