[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Sat Jan 27 16:18:51 CET 2007

Am 27.01.2007 um 15:24 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 27.01.2007 um 14:41 schrieb Christian Burk:
>
>> Is there a way to combine these runs, mexbe in one engine? Of
>> course not all but one run for the right glossar including LaTeX >
>> BibDeskGlossar > LaTeX > LaTeX.
>
> Yes, of course! You just need to remember that a TeXShop engine
> only accepts one file name. And it's the name of the file TeXShop
> works on right now when you press the button.
>
> So the solution will become inflexible: either the LaTeX file's
> name is constant or that of the glossary file. Let's assume that
> you are mainly working on the LaTeX code and the glossary is kind
> of side-work. You can have both files open at the same time, and
> when you saved the recently changed glossary, you can work on the
> whole document from the LaTeX source. So the engine would be:
>
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	fname="`basename "$1" .tex`"	# here the LaTeX file's name is given
> 	latex  "$fname"
> 	bibtex "<file name>.gls"	# this is the constant name!
> 	latex  "$fname"
> 	latex  "$fname"
>
> Instead of latex you can use pdflatex.
[...]

I created a new engine with your code and replaced the right *.gls name:

-----
#!/bin/sh
	fname="`basename "$1" .tex`"	# here the LaTeX file's name is given
	pdflatex  "$fname"
	bibtex "glossar.gls"	# this is the constant name!
	pdflatex  "$fname"
	pdflatex  "$fname"
-----

TeXShops runs four times but the console says for the part of bibtex:
"I couldn't open file name `glossar.gls.aux'"

I checked the name but that is right.

Christian