[OS X TeX] newcomer: TexTures info

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jan 27 02:01:08 CET 2007

Le 26 janv. 07 à 23:40, Roussanka Loukanova a écrit :

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> There is your problem: TeX Live, and pretty much any distribution
>> will only include packages that are on CTAN. If you need to go
>> elsewhere, it will not be included. Ever. The code might as well
>> not exist, as far as the TeX Live maintainers are concerned.
>
> I've got this, but reacted to the see of the light of day mentioned
> by Bruno :)

Fair enough. Actually I was only thinking of the packages that are
publicly available and widely released, meaning on CTAN.

Personally I'm already reluctant to use LaTeX packages which are in
the "contrib" are of CTAN and not in the "required" area. Then files
which are not even on CTAN -- I just don't think of them at all.

Bruno