[OS X TeX] newcomer: TexTures info

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 26 23:26:17 CET 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 23:21, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> With TeXLive-2007, you'll have practically all the plain TeX macro
>> files and LaTeX package files that ever saw the light of day.
>
> This is not quite so, according to me. For example, I use quite
> well a couple of packages, which are popular, if not actually
> needed, for typesetting with LaTeX in some sub-fields of
> computational linguistics and logic:

[some useful, and probably well used pieces of TeX code]

> Both packages can be accessed from
> http://nlp.stanford.edu/~manning/tex/

There is your problem: TeX Live, and pretty much any distribution
will only include packages that are on CTAN. If you need to go
elsewhere, it will not be included. Ever. The code might as well not
exist, as far as the TeX Live maintainers are concerned.

Maarten