[OS X TeX] TL-2007 missing .sty files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 25 11:20:39 CET 2007

Am 25.01.2007 um 00:46 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

> Yes, and the rub is that pdflatex -ini on the above (i.e. calling
> initex), doesn't load the latex format: \documentclass is
> undefined. This means you have to load all the latex stuff
> yourself. And you can't use latex.ltx, since that performs a \dump
> already. Given the (short) compile times, I wouldn't bother.

AUCTeX offers for preview-latex to build a FMT file, and WhizzyTeX, I
think, creates kind of a "live" FMT file to enable advi to show
almost at once what one has typed in Emacs – well, one needs to reach
a limit, for example the end of paragraph, then the view is
automatically updated. So it should not be that hard to create a FMT
file (on the fly) ...

--
Greetings

   Pete