[OS X TeX] New Versions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 24 10:58:31 CET 2007

Am 24.01.2007 um 09:05 schrieb Rolf Schmolling:

> BUT now I have two folders with iPackages/receipts:
> ~/documents/i-Packages
>
> and HD/library/i-Installer.
>
> Do I have to delete one them to make sure i-Installer knows about
> the state of my installation to update stuff via i-installer?

It plays only then a role when you use i-Installer to configure
things or to install something else or new. Then i-Installer would
read your preferences and see that ~/Documents/i-Packages does not
contain receipts for is actually installed. So the best thing would
to move the new receipts in HD/library/i-Installer to the location
recorded in your preferences. Then other users of your Mac won't see
a thing of the installed i-Packages. And you would need to move the
newer receipts from after an update to MacTeX again.

You might also choose to change your preferences ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

“I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.”
      - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.