[OS X TeX] TL-2007 missing .sty files

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Jan 24 01:36:18 CET 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 2:31 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

>>> and within the tex directory a subdirectory `` latex '', where
>>> you can put your manually installed *.sty files.

>>> You have the ---at least by me--- dreaded web2c directory! May I
>>> ask you what do you have in there?
>>

>> A format I use for a large manuscript.
>
> That explains it. I'm far from been able to create a format file
> myself.

I bet you can do it. :-)

Just create a .tex file that you want to contain much of your
preamble. For example:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{...}
\input{...}
\dump

would create a format using article with as many packages and
inputted files as you can list. The \dump command "dumps" the format
to the current directory when the .tex file is typeset. If the .tex
file was named books.tex, then the format file will be books.fmt.
Move that .fmt file to the web2c directory mentioned above and then
you can typeset a document with this format (with TeXShop) by putting:

%!TEX TS-program = books

at the top of the file you are typesetting.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
   Gary