[OS X TeX] Re: Newbie is confused by Getting Started document

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Mon Jan 22 14:31:23 CET 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Bob Harris wrote:

[...]

> I do appreciate the help, the info, and the advice.  Very much so.  I
> may still try TeXShop some time later this week, but for the time
> being I have to typeset the first homework assignment.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob H

My advice would be:

1. Install TeX (MacTeX or i-Installer or whatever; you cannot avoid
this anyways)
2. Install TeXShop (it is a normal app that you drag&drop into your
Applications folder)
3. Open TeXShop
4. type your homework assignement
5. press the button "Typeset"
6. you are done with it; the result is a beautiful PDF document

It cannot get simpler in my eyes. AND you benefit from syntax
coloring, source/output syncing and the like

Holger

__
Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH Zürich)
Department of Materials
Wolfgang-Pauli-Str. 10, HCI H515
CH-8093 Zürich
Switzerland