[OS X TeX] Re: arabi

B. Ludvigsen b at hiof.no
Mon Jan 22 11:13:07 CET 2007

Recent versions of ArabTeX respect UTF-8 allowing you mix both Klaus's
transliteration scheme AND native UTF-8 Arabic. I use emacs on a Mac
which doesn't support Arabic very well, so my Arabic text is typed in
Text Edit and then inserted into the LaTeX document. However, if you
use a native OS X editor which is UTF-8 aware, such as TeXShop you
will be able to type Arabic directly into your document. (I just made
a small test now and it works fine.)

- Børre

PS I use a Norwegian keyboard, so "ø" is ø, but on a US keyboard it is
   <option>+. See your "Keyboard Viewer" for the rest. If you do a lot
   of international characterset typing it's a good idea to have the
   input menu visible in the menu bar. That way you can pick and
   choose the occaisional character from the Character Palette or
   Keyboard viewer.