[OS X TeX] LaTeX with TextMate

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Sun Jan 21 23:41:40 CET 2007

	One of my New Year's resolutions has been to learn TextMate, in
order to work in a single editor for LaTeX, Matlab, Stata, etc.
However, I am finding TM rather difficult.  Over the past few weeks I
have accumulated a number of questions specific to using TM with
LaTeX;  a few basic ones are below. I would greatly appreciate any
input from the more experienced users of TM that I see occasionally
posting on this list.  (Please note that I have attempted to find the
answers to these questions on-line, but without success.  Chances
are, I'm not looking in the correct places, so pointers are also
appreciated.)

	1. With all the recent changes in the (La)TeX distributions for Mac
OS X, how do I tell TextMate which distribution to use?  I have more
than one now installed on my Mac.

	2. How do I get the window that pops up when compiling (like the
"Console" in TeXShop) to reappear so that I can actually read the
warnings that go whizzing by?

	3. Autocompletion does not appear to work for me.  If I type in some
characters (say, the start of a common LaTeX command) and press
[Escape], all I get it a "beep" and nothing else.

	4. How do I get the syntax highlighting to show brackets {} in a
different color?  (Like TeXShop does....)  I've tried various themes
without success.

	Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

                                         -- Mike