[OS X TeX] pdf in Firefox

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Jan 21 18:39:35 CET 2007

Hi,

Please accept my apologies, in case this is not a question for this list,
but may be some of you know....

In Firefox, I would like to get pdf files from Internet, or local
addresses opened, e.g. with Preview, without having been saved on the
computer (unless I Save them intentionally, after viewing). Currently, in
Fiefox's I have the following Preferences that seem relevant:

Preferences -> Main
checked: Always ask me where to save files

Preferences -> Content -> File Types/ Configure how Firefox handles
certain types of files -> Manage...
Automatically perform the associated Action with each of the following
file types: ...
PDF ... Open with: checked [Open them with the default application:]
Preview

Upon selecting a link for a pdf file, Firefox asks for confirmation, and
only if I confirm, *saves* it on the Desktop (which is my default save
location) and then automatically opens it in Preview. Instead of just
opening as Safari does.

There is no difference, if Abode Reader is my preview program instead of
Preview.

Roussanka