[OS X TeX] kpsewhich pointing to wrong location?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 20 10:30:55 CET 2007

Am 20.01.2007 um 02:29 schrieb Nathan Paxton:

> When I type "locate kpsewhich" I get:
> nathanpaxton$ locate kpsewhich
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin8.6.1/kpsewhich
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0/kpsewhich
> /usr/local/teTeX/man/man1/kpsewhich.1
> /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0/kpsewhich
> /usr/local/TeXLive/man/man1/kpsewhich.1
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/man/man1/kpsewhich.1

Instead of simply invoking locate, you could make it a filter that
either rejects or keeps a particular string.

Example one: locate kpsewhich | grep -v teTeX

Example two: locate kpsewhich | grep TeXLive

And of course you can create a shell function or a shell alias to
ease this!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
                                          - Groucho Marx