[OS X TeX] help needed to install Adobe Euro fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jan 19 10:49:22 CET 2007

Am 19.01.2007 um 01:56 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> So, I shalll use eurosans to match Helvetica Narrow, etc., europs
> for ordinary text. If the texte is typeset with Helvetica Narrow,
> europs does not take the initiative of calling the narrow version
> of the euro glyph. To get it, you have to switch to \tt (make it
> believe you use Courier).

There is often, with a very good font, the chance to use the textcomp
package and address € and dozens other glyphs directly. Try 'texdoc
tstlmts1' for Latin Modern!

If your TeX installation has fontinst also, then you can run LaTeX on
ts1.etx. It produces a DVI or PDF output file that describes the TS1
or 8c or TeX text companion encoding. Having in a LaTeX file

	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\usepackage{textcomp}
	\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}	% knows €, latin1 does not!

you can simply type € in the text to get it. If you want a particular
shape to appear, then use \textrm{€} or \textsf{€} or \texttt{€}!

--
Greetings

   Pete

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                                                -- Rich Cook