[OS X TeX] PDF File won't print from Adobe Reader 8.0

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Thu Jan 18 19:34:12 CET 2007

Speaking of acrobat reader 8 ...

When I first installed it, it decided to become the PDF viewer brought up
in safari.  I could not figure out how to get safari to change back to
acrobat 7.  A couple of days ago, I installed the latest acrobat 7 update,
and now safari goes to acrobat 7 instead of reader 8.

Question: is there a way to tell safari which acrobat program to use?

At the end of the reader 8 install, I was asked if I wanted reader 8 to be
my default pdf reader.  I said no, which was honored.  The next time I
spawned a PDF file from safari, I was asked what application I wanted to
use?  Acrobat 7 was grayed out, so not an option.  Somehow it decided to
make it reader 8.

I have had problems with reader 8 bombing on saves or prints. j But I have
problems with acrobat 7 if I want to insert or delete pages.  Acrobat 5
still works for that one. ...