[OS X TeX] Lucida and MathTime installation instructions: (1) Lucida

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Jan 18 18:52:32 CET 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 09:44, Chris Goedde wrote:
>>

>> Question: What (or where) are the installation instructions for
>> the current version of the fonts? The page you linked to (http://
>> tug.org/store/lucida/) doesn't seem to have installation
>> instructions (unless I'm overlooking them). Are the new fonts
>> "plug and play"? That in itself would be incentive for me to
>> upgrade at some point.
>
> I bought the fonts from the TUG store and installed them without
> problems. Instructions, by Walter Schmidt, are brief but enough,
> and after I bought them Karl Berry said they will try to improve
> those instructions to cover different platforms.

Can you say a bit more about what you had to do to install them? If I
buy them but I still have to (a) download a separate package, (b)
figure out where to put the support files in /usr/local/..., (c) run
updmap-sys multiple times to enable the fonts, (d) run texhash, etc,
etc, then it's not really worth it to me to buy them. On the other
hand, if all that is already "baked in" to TeX Live, and all I have
to do is dump some *.pfb files in ../fonts/lucida (and I guess run
texhash), or even better, if there's a real install script, then it
is worth it to me to buy them.

Chris