[OS X TeX] PDF File won't print from Adobe Reader 8.0

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 17 23:47:41 CET 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 23:25, Alan Munn wrote:

> Forgive me if this is slightly off topic.  I have a PDF file that
> will print fine from Preview, Acrobat 6.0 and TeXShop, but won't
> print from Adobe Reader 8.0.  This is on a Macbook Pro running 10.4.8
>
> No error seems to be produced.  The printer queue GUI shows that it
> has Finished, but nothing shows up.  Is there some better way of
> diagnosing the problem?

print to a postscript file from Adobe Reader, and see if that
produces something. Another option is to look in the console
applications in the utilities folder to see if something happens
there when you print this file from the terminal (like error messages).

Is there a particular reason this is a problem?

Maarten