[OS X TeX] Where to put local additions to texmf?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 17 01:45:50 CET 2007

Am 17.01.2007 um 01:24 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> On 17 janv. 07, at 01:06, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Systematic additions installed by i-Installer, go in gwTeX into /
>> usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local, which are ConTeXt and XeTeX. The user
>> (s)'s additions go into /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs, as was
>> mentioned in conjunction with mpm. (I don't use Mac Geek TeX, so I
>> cite by heart.)
>
> Are you sure? On my gwTeX install, installed and managed by i-
> Installer, CM-Super and TeX-Gyre were installed in /usr/local/gwTeX/
> texmf.pkgs, without any intervention from me (other than asking i-
> Installer to install the corresponding i-Packages). I can't tell
> about ConTeXt, as I'm not using it and accordingly have not
> installed the ConTeXt Updater i-Package.

Bruno, I've seen i-Installer asking with some i-Packages where to
install. It was a button which offers installation places in teTeX,
gwTeX, or TeX Live ... (Could be after some sleep I can remember more
precisely – can't you check this with your extra i-Packages? And if
you try with the ConTeXt updater: you do need to install it, just
play with it!)

My bed is now warm!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.